Home and Auto Insurance
Katahdin Gateway Insurance
Tips on Home Insurance
Protect your home and your belongings by requesting a no-obligation review with one of Katahdin Gateway Insurance LLCs insurance agents. If you live in the State of Maine, we may be able to save you money by combining all of your insurance policies.
To start the process, it would be helpful to have the basic information available:
- The year of construction of the property
- Information regarding updates on the wiring, plumbing, heating, and roof
- Square footage of any structures to determine a replacement cost value
- Do you have any dogs or pets? If so, type and breed
If this is a seasonal property, companies may commonly ask the following:
- How often is the camp/cottage occupied? Is it owner occupied or rented?
- If only used in the summer, is it winterized?
- Does someone check on it in the winter. If so, how often?
- If out of state ownership and infrequent use, is there a caretaker?
- How many miles to the nearest fire station?
- Can the camp be accessed year round by emergency vehicles? (Is the road plowed?)
- Is the camp skirted or enclosed, if it is not on a foundation?
The listing above is to be used as a guide only. Other factors may be considered. It is also helpful if you have current photos available, it can speed up the quoting process. We would be glad to review your individual situation in detail to provide you with options and advice. This is a free service and you are not obligated to purchase coverage. For more information about Katahdin Gateway Insurance LLC, click here.
Tips on Auto insurance