Purchasing your home, especially your first home, is a major life decision. The mortgage loan officers at Katahdin Federal CU realize this and will take the time to discuss all of your options with you. We offer several programs to choose from:
- 5/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM) - Adjustable rates programs are typically a lower initial interest rate. The interest rate stays fixed for five years and then adjusts annually over the term of the loan.
- 10 year fixed - With the 10 year fixed option, the interest rate remains the same over the life of the loan. Payments are amortized over 10 years, allowing you to pay the mortgage off faster—keeping total interest paid at a minimum.
- 15 year fixed - The 15 year fixed option has the same benefits as the 10 year, only it amortizes payments over 15 years.
- 20 year fixed - The 20 year fixed option is the longest term fixed rate offered on a primary residence or second home if it will be your future retirement home.
With a KFCU mortgage:
- Decisions are made locally by trusted mortgage lenders
- You can borrow up to 80% LTV
- We do offer Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) to qualifying members, allowing you to borrow up to 95% LTV.
- Low rates, favorable terms and typically lower closing costs.
- Our mortgage loan officers are experienced, knowledgeable and extremely helpful!
- *Closing Costs apply to the mortgage loans