CU24sm VISA® Debit Card
For convenient access to your accounts, use KFCU’s CU24sm VISA® Debit Card
Why carry cash or your checkbook when you don't have to? With the CU24sm VISA® Debit Card, you can leave both at home without worrying how you'll pay for all the things you want and need.
- Get cash where and when you want it. The CU24sm Visa® Debit Card lets you access cash at ATM locations throughout the world, 24/7. Just look for the thousands of machines displaying the VISA® NYCE® Member Access® logos. No matter where you are, you're never more than minutes away from the cash you need! Look for the SURF logo for fee free access!
- When you use the CU24sm VISA® Debit Card at a VISA® merchant, your purchase is electronically deducted from your credit union checking account.
- So why weigh yourself down carrying other cards that are only half as powerful? The CU24sm VISA® Debit Card is the only card you need.
- When you receive your new card, memorize your PIN immediately. Never write it down and never disclose it to anyone, even if they claim to be from the credit union.
- Cut up expired debit cards upon receipt of your new cards.
- Don’t use your card information or PIN in any form of email. This is not a secure method of communicating this information.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM. Don’t use a machine that looks like it is in disrepair or has been altered in any way. Be ready to use the ATM before you approach it. You don’t want to be rummaging through a purse or wallet when you arrive. Also, make sure that you are discreet when entering your PIN.
- Never allow a cashier to enter your PIN for you. When possible, choose the credit option and sign for your purchase. This may give you extra VISA® protections. The purchase amount is still withdrawn from your checking account.
- When using your card online, make sure you are visiting a secure site. Look for the “lock” icon in the bottom taskbar or make sure the website begins with “https”.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country, make sure to inform your financial institution ahead of time so your purchases are not denied. Also, get in touch with the credit union if you plan on using your card for a large purchase. Spending limits may have to be adjusted to accommodate large purchases.
- Make sure that you review your statements each month and look for any unauthorized activity. You can register for alerts in order to be informed of any suspicious activity on your account.
- Make sure you store your card appropriately. Don’t allow the magnetic strip of your card to come into contact with any magnetic objects like the checkout counter. It can clear the data stored on your card. Store your card in a safe place.
Stolen or Lost Card
If your card is lost or stolen, contact us immediately. Call KFCU during normal business hours at 800-451-9145. To report a card lost or stolen after business hours, please call 800-472-3272 and follow the prompts.
Taking a Vacation
If you plan on using your VISA® credit or your CU24sm debit card when vacationing this year, please make sure that you let us know your destination and the dates you will be traveling. We have a number of security measures in place to protect you. When you use your card in a manner outside of your normal spending patterns, the transactions could possibly be blocked or an alert sent to the credit union. We want to make sure that you have access to your funds while you are away and that you have a great vacation!